Wednesday, April 6, 2011

No End in Sight...

"Procrastination is the thief of time,"  said the poet Edward Young  (1683-1765).  He might have been talking about my yarn stash.

Will I NEVER learn to wind my yarn into a ball as soon as I get it?  I'm always in such a hurry to start a project, I just pull on any end available.  With this result:

Pulled from my stash this morning...oh, what a tangled web

A few minutes of past effort might have saved me the tooth-grinding half hour of detangling ahead.  But there must be some hope for me.  I find I have at least 1 yarn ball to my credit:

A lonely outpost of order and civilization in a chaotic yarn world

Not a stitch do I take until that periwinkle yarn has been similarly tamed and civilized.  The green yarn, however, doesn't look too bad...perhaps if I handle it very carefully, it will be all right...

 Somewhere the ghost of Edward Young is sighing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Speak on....